Welcome to Hot Sulphur Springs, Colorado
Snow Removal Reminder
- Obstructing a town road by plowing snow across the right-of-way or into the right-of-way is not allowed. Also, the property owner may be liable for any injury attributable to a hazard that they have created in the public right-of-way.
- Snow removal priority will be given to emergency service routes, and the school bus route
- Please do not allow children to play on the edge of the road or in the snow banks.
- Operators may use equipment to clear their driveways to enable access to town facilities.
- Town employees are directed to plow the HSS fire station as well as the driveways of the volunteer fire department crew members. Town employees will also keep fire hydrants clear.
- Town employees are directed to plow the parking area of the Post Office
- Ingress/Egress to Highway 40 shall be kept clear and sanded during winter months.
- Sand will be applied sparingly to high traffic areas, steep hills, and icy spots as they occur.
- Property owners are responsible for the removal of snow from their driveways and the snow that may be left in front of the driveway due to the town removing snow from the streets.
- Parking any vehicle or trailer in the right-of-way is not allowed and may be subject to ticket and/or towing. The town will use all of the 60’ right-of-way to move snow off the main portion of the street.
- Placing of roll off dumpsters in the right-of-way are not allowed.
- Please do not stop operators while they are working. Please be mindful of plow equipment while driving as operators may have a hard time seeing you. Plows will take precedence over normal traffic.
Any concerns regarding plowing should be directed to Town Hall 970-725-3933. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
With the heavy snowfalls this season, Grand County could realize the effects of the melting snow from mid-May through June. A packet of information has been assembled to inform the community about the impacts of high water. The Towns and County have prepared a Plan of Action and all departments are ready for a possible high water event!